Monday, July 1, 2013

In the Beginning





My Back Story
So, my teeth have never been all that crooked. However, there are minor cosmetic changes I would like to see and as I have gotten older I have experienced some crowding in my bottom teeth.  I am finally responsible enough with my dental care to be at a point where I can actually get braces.

If you don't know, before you get braces the orthodontist will want to ensure that you do not have any cavities, gingivitis, etc. Embarrassingly, before last year I had not been getting regular dental care in years. (My mother would be ashamed). This was due in part to my difficulty in finding a decent dentist in Philadelphia, and in part to my being a lazy bum.

In any event, since September of last year (10 months ago) I have had:

- Two cleanings
- Four wisdom teeth removed
- Eight fillings
- One regular extraction (was originally going to be a root canal)
- Braces applied

It feels as though I have practically lived in the dentist chair.

Anywho, I hope that once my journey is over this little blog will help someone else thinking about getting braces with their decision making process.

Topics I will address right away include:
The Cost
First Days with Braces
Let's Talk About PAIN!
My Dentist

Here goes nothing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment